Sometimes it can be tough to stay on track with your weight-loss goals. Obstacles and temptation get in the way and sometimes that can derail your progress. The good news is, there are a wide variety of ways to keep from giving up! Here are my top 7!
1. Track your progress. And I don’t just mean with a scale! Take measurements, progress pictures and pay attention to the way your clothes fit. There are a ton of great ways to find out how much your body is changing! Tracking the amount of weight you use, the distance you run and other fit facts about yourself are great non-body-centered ways to stay on track too! Don’t just focus on the short-term, pay attention to your long-term progress as well!
2. Make short-term or “milestone” goals in your journey and treat yourself when you reach them! Whether it’s a massage, a mani/pedi, a bubble bath or even new workout clothes… these can all be a great incentive to work extra hard! I got this new black & white outfit from GLYDER apparel (super cute and comfy). They have a LOT of pretty garments! You can browse their yoga and fitness outfits at www.Work-Sweat-Play.com – Use the code MUFFINTOPLESS15 at checkout to get 15% off your order! =) Yay for discounts!
3. Find a workout partner or join an exercise class. Sometimes having others around with similar goals can be a great way to get that extra boost of motivation! A pal encouraging you to run that last lap, or a trainer pushing their class one more round can be just what you need to stick with it. Plus if you’re planning on playing hooky, the guilt factor might just make you re-think your escape plan! =P
4. Start a fitness Instagram or a private fitness group on Facebook! A great way to stay on track with your weight-loss goals is to have somewhere where you can be accountable. Log your healthy meals, your workouts, your progress and things that motivate you. Find like-minded pages to follow that uplift and inspire you! My Instagram (@muffintopless) keeps me accountable with my nutrition and workouts and motivates me to hit the gym!
5. Pick up the weight you’ve lost. Dropped 15 lbs? Grab a 15 lb dumbbell and carry it around for a minute. Let it sink in… you LOST that much weight! *Wide-Eyed Emoji* It can be a huge motivator to keep pushing yourself!
6. Keep your goals in sight. Have you been wanting to fit into that little black dress you bought a few years back? Pull it out and hang it up somewhere where you will see it daily. Want to run a 5K? Make a cool collage of motivating pictures, quotes and a 5k flier and stick it on your wall! Get creative. I personally save inspiring quotes and pictures on my phone to help me stay focused!
7. Liven up your workout playlist! Adding upbeat new songs can be extremely motivating. Pandora and other music apps make it easy to simply select your favorite genre or artist and have your favorite tunes stream right into your earbuds! Lately I’ve been listening to a variety of rock stations on Pandora and I love it!
How do YOU stay motivated? Tweet me your fave ways to stick with your weight-loss goals!