Most store-bought protein bars are basically just candy bars with protein in them. The majority are loaded with chemicals and sugar which are NOT conducive to a lean, healthy body. Instead of ingesting these harmful ingredients, try making your own bars at home where YOU have control over the ingredients that go into them! Give my all-natural, clean-eating protein bars a try!
Muffin Topless Rich Chocolate Protein Bars
- 1 Cup Oat Flour
- 2 Scoops Chocolate Casein protein powder (Whey will give a different consistency)
- 4 TB Unsweetened Baking Cocoa
- 1/2 Cup Stevia (or other natural zero cal sweetener)
- 1/4 tsp Salt (do not omit!)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 8 oz Unsweetened Applesauce (I used baby food.. yup… baby food)
- 1/2 Cup Liquid Egg Whites
- 4 oz Water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray an 8×8 baking dish with non-stick spray (I used Pam).
- Mix dry ingredients together, then add wet ingredients. Mix until you get out all the lumps.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and stick it in the oven for about 22 minutes for softer protein bars and closer to 25 minutes for firmer bars. Keep an eye on them at the 22 minute mark because each oven may vary.
- Take out of the oven and let cool. Once cool, cut into 9 bars. I prefer to refrigerate mine but they will keep out of the oven for a few days.
Nutrition Facts: (this will vary slightly depending on the protein powder you choose).
Per Bar: 102 Calories _ 14 g Carbs _ 1 g Fat _ 9 g Protein _ 3 g Fiber _ 3 g Sugar