While some studies suggest cravings may come from deficiencies in certain vitamins and minerals.. others point to lack of variety or a very restricted diet. No matter what the reason may be, here are a few ways to beat the craving! =)
- Have a small portion of what you’re craving, and move one.
- Choose a lower calorie version of the food you’re craving (or make your own with healthy ingredients).
- Don’t let yourself get too hungry or you’re more likely to crave unhealthy foods and binge.
- Start a cravings journal if it’s frequent or very bad.. that way you can look back over the weeks and figure out any patterns there may be (stress or time of day for example).
- Smart carbs! If you’re craving carbs, eat them… but the complex, healthy version! Opt for whole grains, beans, fruit and veggies (high-fiber foods!) instead of simple, processed carbs.
- Pamper yourself. Take some “me time” and treat yourself to something that doesn’t involve food.. a pedicure, a bubble bath, a facial, a trip to the beach, a new top..