How to Eat Clean on a Budget
Believe me when I say, there are plenty of broke college students, and struggling fitness models and competitors who are still able to eat well despite the odds! It just takes a little extra planning and perhaps some saving.. but making it a priority in your budget will help. If your health isn’t a priority in your life.. it should be! You DESERVE to be healthy! =)
- Stop eating out! Start making all of your own food at home and you will save considerably!
- Make a grocery list and stick to it! Don’t buy things you don’t really need.
- Do NOT go to the market hungry.. you will wind up buying things on impulse, not because you truly need them!
- Some products are smart to buy in bulk at places like Costco or Sam’s Club, because they can be frozen or stored for long periods of time and will not perish. They may also be cheaper at these stores.
- If you think you won’t be able to get through all of something like fruit, veggies or lean meats, buy them frozen.. (or if the meat is not previously frozen, you can freeze the fresh stuff and it will keep for quite some time).
- Always purchase produce in season. When you start buying off-season produce, the price is MUCH higher.
- Buy generic, not name brands. You might have to double check the labels though to be sure they are of the same quality.
- Clip coupons and take advantage of sales. If something you eat frequently is on sale, buy more of it. Although the time it takes to clip the coupons and the immediate cost will be higher, in the long run you will save more!
- Sales go for supplements as well. Sites like Bodybuilding.com offer discounts on supplements regularly.
- Sign up for newsletters about sales and deals at the stores you frequently shop at (including online and supplement stores).
There are plenty of ways to eat healthy on a low budget. Like I said before, you just have to make your health a priority!
“What you feed your body can either be the BEST medicine or the SLOWEST form of POISON”
Feed your body right so it can function properly and perform well for you! It’s the only body you’ve got so treat it right! =)