I have yet to hear a single good excuse why healthy food cannot be eaten in a busy day.
There are plenty of quick, easy, non-perishable things you can carry with you at all times to ensure you won’t turn to the “Golden Arches” or a vending machine!
I knew I was going to be in a rush because I have a lot of things to do today. Rather than hope that there will be healthy food wherever I am.. or that I won’t hit traffic and be stuck on the 405 for 3 hours without anything to snack on, I always pack something clean.
Here is a list of some things you can grab quickly and easily on your way out the door:
- Hardboiled eggs
- Homemade protein bars (quick & easy to make on a day where you have a spare hour)
- Tuna or Salmon packets (they have a variety of flavors & don’t require refrigeration)
- Nuts (buy individual baggies or baggy them yourself the night before)
- Nut butters (they have individual packets available)
- Raw veggies (these should be eaten within a few hours of being out of the fridge)
- Apples, pears & other high fiber fruit
- Greek Yogurt (easy to carry around but should be eaten fairly quickly as it’s perishable)
- & of course WATER
If you have a cooler, that opens up even more clean-eating options for your day! If you are frequently in a hurry or on-the-go, this might be a wise investment! =)